If you are an entrepreneur,or want to be, then here is a list of important characteristics to measure yourself against. Anyone can be a successful entrepreneur, it takes hard work, determination and unwavering persistence to name just a few. Here are the essential entrepreneurial qualities that anyone who is interested in great success should work on:
1. Independence. This is the most common denominator. Entrepreneurs want control of their future; and they decide to become their own boss instead of working in a thankless job. They have a strong sense of independence and will keep moving forward with a purpose to accomplish something great and meaningful on his own.
2. Visionary. An entrepreneur has a vision for the future. This vision is for both the short term and the long term great ideas and accomplishments that are next on the horizon. They are always dreaming up new ideas.
3. Persistence. An important quality of a successful entrepreneur is the persistence to continue pursuing a goal despite some setbacks and obstacles that may be encounter along the way. Persistence is demonstrated with action and is then followed up with more action.
4. Determination. Persistence needs a best friend and that would be determination. Determination is the inner drive and mindset that pushes persistence to keep moving forward. Determined is different then its negative cousin Stubborn so make sure not to confuse the two.
5. Creativity. Entrepreneurs tend to be curious and inquisitive. They know that the name of the game is not to fit in, but to stand out. Creativity is a skill that can be learned and developed. Everyone has it in them to be creative and think outside the box from time to time but entrepreneurs tend to do that more then others.
6. Honesty. Winning and keeping customers is all about being known, liked and trusted! This has always been an important characteristic of success. Honesty with yourself and with others is a key ingredient of a great entrepreneur.
7. Self-Confidence. Entrepreneurs believe a great deal in what they are capable of. Self-confidence is build on tiny wins that lead to bigger wins and is the fuel to momentum. A successful entrepreneur goes after what they want with a strong desire and sense of self worth that supports their efforts and their determination.
8. Risk-taking. A great entrepreneur realizes that loss and failure are part of any business endeavor. An entrepreneur is always ready to make calculated risks and face whatever consequences those risks might have. They know that to win some they have to lose some.
9. Tolerance. Entrepreneurs must have the courage to face failure and start again no matter where they may face setbacks. The qualities of a successful entrepreneur include never giving up and also in picking up the pieces and continuing the journey even if failure momentarily gets in the way.
10. Perseverance. They do not stop moving forward. When they know what they want and they know why they want it they do whatever it takes! Entrepreneurs do not give up! There can be no real success without perseverance.
11. Commitment. An entrepreneur will not achieve success if they gives up at the first sign of hard work. A 100% Commitment is absolutely essential and that means a willingness to do whatever it takes. Doing whatever it takes includes all the things that they would rather not do or are uncomfortable doing.
12. Organized. An entrepreneur knows the value of being organized. Systems, resources, time management and action plans are all part of being organized and are vital for success. Being organized both mentally and physically is a skill that needs to be cultivated in oder to make significant progress.
All of these qualities don’t mean a thing unless you take action! To think a thing will not make it so, you must take action and you must keep taking action! Do you have what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur? This checklist is full of some of the best qualities and characteristics and a great place for you to check in with yourself. If you can rate yourself at 8 (on a scale of 1-10) or better on these traits then you can absolutely be a success in business.